Thursday, July 11, 2013

Realization.

While reading this book I came to the realization that life is beautiful. The life that I live in brings so much peace and blessings and yes, it may be tough at times but I will always know that God has put both me and Lori on this earth for great purposes.

God has blessed me with a family who loves me and a mind that is my own. I can't imagine living a life where I couldn't control my thoughts or actions. I can honestly say that reading about Lori and her struggle through her sickness made me look closer at my own life and how I value the little things.

I have already recommended this book to my cousin, who is suffering with depreasion and thoughts of suicide. She was recently hospitalized because a boy she barely knew threatened to kill himself if she didn't hang out with him and do stuff with him. Everything is now under control, but being a 15 year old girl who's friend had recently committed suicide, she had no idea how to handle herself. I love her and care for her so much, and I hope she soon can find some peace and comfort just as Lori has.

I just try to remember that God is good, life is beautiful, and I just have to enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment